I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I have had this chair for a little over a year now.............

given to me by a friend who dropped by for a visit.

It needed a new seat. Through the year, I have started stitching on several different designs..........
and not being happy with how they looked for this piece.

I knew I wanted something with roses and this needlepoint design gave me the look I was wanting.

It also took me a while to figure out how to place it onto the seat to make it look like it belonged there.

Here it is!
And now it sits in my dining room, where I hope to add more rose embellished items along the way!
How about you?
Do your dining room chairs have padded cushions.............
or maybe needlepoint of some kind?
I would love to hear!

8 comments:

Patty H. said...

that is beautiful! my kitchen chair just have the pads with ties on them.

Laurie said...

It turned out perfect! I don't have any chairs that have the cushion, but a rocker I'd love to put something special on.

Mini said...

Loved the roses!

Bev C said...

Kathleen,

That is just so pretty. I want one.

Happy days.
Bev.

Cindy said...

Beautiful! I also have a chair that needs a cushion like that. I tried one design and that didn't work, so I've put it away for awhile. I'm thinking this spring I will finally do something...!

Peonies & Magnolias said...

That is gorgeous and I love it. Thanks so much for visiting me and I hope you have a great week.

Sandy

letslearnembroidery said...

Another great work!

Willnnabel said...

Wow, lovely.