I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, September 10, 2012

For me, the little things do matter.........

when it comes to embroidery, that is..........
 
Often times, readers comment to me that they want to get either started back into embroidery or they want to begin to learn to do so. I have found that in many things, it is best to start out small and work your way up. This way, especially in embroidery work, the project at hand does not seem so overwhelming

and in just a few stitches, one can have a finished design that will be so enjoyable and rewarding that many times, one will then chose a larger design and before they know it.........they are embroidering every thing they can think of. Just a small design in the corner of a square of fabric, with basic embroidery stitches...............

Or if one wants..............get really creative with color and stitches and

breathe a lot of life into the design.
Very simple and basic stitches.............

can make even the smallest of designs so pretty.

Before you know it,  you can have a handful of embroidered linens, ready to use for your home!
How about you?
Have you been wanting to start an embroidery project?
What designs do you like best?
Find a small version of it and start stitching!
I hope to hear about it!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, you are so creative with the needle and floss...I love how a simple stitch and design can make fabric look so cheerful and pretty.
I would love to embroider again. I was never prolific at it, but I've done a few things and always had plans for more. You are always an inspiration to me, and whenever I see your work, it encourages me to keep hope alive.

Thank you for your visit and comment...I enjoy your company always.

Blessings forward with your book,
Marianne

Brenda said...

Thanks for coming to visit me today. I was glad to hear from you.

I just truly LOVE your embroideries! What a very talented person you are. I also checked some of your back posts and I do love your "hanging laundry" series. They look magnificent in your laundry room. And your old chair turned out fantastic! Very BEAUTIFUL jobs on all these awesome projects. You should be very proud!!
Hugs,
Brenda

twinpeakprimitives said...

Dear Kathleen,

Each pattern is so impressive!
I like your way to explain how simple and possible to get a personal creative path if wishes!

Thank you for such great sharing!

Greetings

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I wish I could come spend a weekend with you so we could stitch away the days. When I don't feel creative, it's very hard for me to imagine that I could do anything like this, even the basic stitches. Your embroidery work is always so beautiful! Have a great week. Tammy

Karen said...

These are such nice embroideries, I can't decide which one I like the best! They are all beautiful!

Cgirl said...

I look forward to each new post about your embroideries. They always inspire me.
Your projects are so lovely that I always want to touch them. I have been embroidering for seventy years (never as well as you) and your work impresses with its workmanship, design and color.

Betty Lou said...

This is great advice. It is so true about so many things, quilters start out and want to make a king size, crocheters want to make an afghan, and knitters a sweater. No wonder there are so many unfinished projects.

lil red hen said...

This work is beautiful! Do you also do the drawn work?

I am wondering if your book has been published...

Cindy said...

Every time I see one of your posts I get inspired to do some more embroidery. I love it! But I also love quilting and papercrafting...too many things to make and not enough time (:

letslearnembroidery said...

It's really nice to see all the beautiful patterns made from simple stitches.Lack of time made me putting off new projects.This post is really inspiring.

janice15 said...

I have been so busy crocheting that I haven't touched my Embroidery. I keep thinking I have to sit down and do some...I have a hand full of vintage transfers and some nice new tea towels...I love your simple things they are so pretty, just love that Rooster..Happy Tuesday with love Janice

Preeti said...

Your embroidery is very beautiful and inspirational! I am into crocheting and too many things, but whenever I see anything so clean and beautifully done I feel like getting back to that needlework:) very well done!

SmithGang said...

These r so beautiful:) love the rooster one.

A Colorful World said...

OK, I just adore all of the designs you use! I really love the fourth one-the filled in flower, and the bird and rooster, too. They are all so gorgeous! You do such amazing work!

GardenOfDaisies said...

It's the only to learn! Start small and work your way up one stitch, one level of expertise, one project at a time. I love your beautiful basket of flowers.

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Kathleen,
I love your embroidery work,So beautiful.I'm your newest follower. I hope you will come back and maybe even follow me back.

Hugs from Portugal

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com