I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, May 6, 2011

Over the past few weeks, I have been stitching

the late night hours away on this...........
 I won't show you the whole thing..............until I have finished............do you already know what it might be?
And of course..........no matter what I might be stitching on at the moment, designs and other linens call out to me............and I can't wait to begin to stitch on those. Pillowcases really have that effect on me. I enjoy embroidering pillowcases more than any thing...........I think.

I have really grown to love the vintage poppy designs. I love their petally blossoms and the thorny little stems. To me, they just really show the charm of yesteryear.
How about you? What do you like to work on the most?
I would love to hear.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Kathleen,
I was at a garage sale this morning and I found a whole box filled with preprinted stitchery items. Most were still in the package as a kit. And bags of floss! I wanted to buy the whole thing, but the woman wanted 50.00. She mentioned something about how much it would be worth on Ebay. She must have thought I would just resell it. So I just bought one pillowcase set, and a bunch of older pieces. I can't wait to start working on this!

Love your cross stitch, can't wait to see the whole thing!

MeganH said...

Whatever 'it' is - it is just beautiful. Love the colours!

The vintage pattern is great too. May I ask where you got it? Perhaps we could exchange some vintage pattern resources eg out of copyright books to download? I'm on email at a_velvet_clawATyahooDOTcom.au if you're interested in a 'pattern exchange" :-)

Miss Holly said...

Hello fellow lover of embroidery! Tthank you so much for stopping by my site today! I love to find new sites and wonderful people.... your work is lovely!! I too love the vintage work. I have lots more to show but I am with new computer and tomorrow I have a class... I hope to come home and post pictures!! again thank you so for coming by and commenting!!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow, Kathleen, I just love your stichery items. Poppy designs are so beautiful. You are such a talented person and do such wonderful work. Have a great week.

A Colorful World said...

I love embroidery but haven't done much in a while...I look forward to getting back to it. Mom bought a preprinted piece of fabric with a design on it that could be embroidered and gave me one of the panels, so now I have a project! I love to quilt and to crochet with thread.

Zova couture said...

nice design...katheleen..I will use this design for my pillowcase..I have one doubt..u r using this design on opening side..or..?pls clarify