I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A soft white blanket of snow

is covering everything on the grounds this morning.The roaring wind blew it in through the night.  The bright red berries push their way through

and the woods lie silent and still.
 Such a cold day..........but still filled with beauty. This moisture (even in this form) is much needed in our area.

So today, I am stitching morning glories as I wait for the snow to prepare the way for them to sprout and bloom out in my garden. How about you?
Are you anticipating the spring flowers as the snow falls? What kinds and what colors are to be sprouting in your area?
I would love to hear!


2 comments:

papel1 said...

Most of my plants stay above the ground even in the snow which we rarely get. I do have flowers on my Rosemary which the bees have already discovered. But the herbs in my garden do not mind the freezing weather. Will be about 29 tonight.
Judy

Shilpa said...

Kathleen your morning glories are beautiful! I just love to see your work!